Want to read in a your own language?

Saturday, May 24, 2014

David Luiz - We will miss you Sideshow Bob!!!!!



On Thursday, I read the article on Daily Mail UK that Chelsea FC were in advanced talks with PSG for the transfer of David Luiz. Nervous, I went through a couple of other sports websites and all of them confirmed the news. I thought this could be just like millions of other transfer news that never materialize. To my dismay, I was wrong. Chelsea's official website confirmed today that David Luiz was indeed leaving the club this summer and have agreed a fee with PSG for the Defender.

I truly believe he was an asset to the club and was simply not settled at the bridge that led to few shaky performances. You don't get to see those nervous moments, silly passes or careless defensive mistakes when he plays for Brazil. Why? Probably because everyone trusts him there, he is their captain, their leader. His partnership with Silva for Brazil is arguably the best Central Defensive partnership in the world at the moment, now they will play together at PSG. I just wish we had a manager that could give him the same confidence and get the best out of him for Chelsea as well.

I believe David Luiz is simply an outstanding ball playing defender who is extremely flexible. He showed how good he is last season when he played in the Defensive Midfielder role under Benitez. Whatever the reason for the decline in form, I will always rate him high and I am very sure he will soon prove his doubters wrong especially disrespectful former players who have had a number of jibes at him.

On a side note, Chelsea have got a good amount of transfer money on this deal that can easily be invested in a couple of areas that we are weak in. Its a win-win situation for both the clubs. Defensively we have a couple of very bright young prospects: Zouma and Kalas and I feel in a couple of years they can fill in the void left by Luiz  and Terry.

KTBFFH!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write